We love to keep up to date on wedding trends. Recently we found this article on the Knot of the best trends for 2015! Royal Color Palettes? White Glove Affairs?! YES PLEASE!! Here are some photos of an event we … Continue reading
Your wedding photographs and video Cd’s are a tangible record of a special time in your life. So it is very important to choose the right person. Each photographer has his or her own distinct style, which reflect the photographer’s Portolio of work. Make sure you seek out those photographers who’s work reflect your style.
Classic: This photographer specialize in expertly composed, well lit portraits. They basically come up with magic moments.
Traditional: A traditional photographer generally treats every image as a posed portrait, even shots you may think is candid.
Photojournalistic or reportage: This particular photographer is one who takes a photojournalistic approach, who considers photos to record events not really stage them.
Commercial: This photographer will perfectly capture shots of the centerpieces, cake, flowers and decor and could be hired just for that at purpose.
Photographic Artist: Similar to a photojournalist, a photographic artist rarely take traditional shots…
View original post 77 more words
Hot trends! Via The Westchester Wedding Planner
Happy Wedding Wednesday!
You’ve planned every last detail of your wedding, from venue to decor and everything in between. Now it’s time to have a little bit of fun.
Choosing music for your first dance should not be a hassle. It should be a joy to pick a song that delivers the message of the connection between you and your partner.
Everyone always thinks that first dance songs should be romantic and wedding-like.
Do as you please and have fun with it!
Here are a few of our favorites!
John Legend- All of Me
such a romantic and beautiful song. It has quickly become one of the most requested wedding songs of the year.
Christina Perri- A Thousand Years.
Who doesn’t love a little Beyonce! This tune is fun and light and will more than surely get your guests out of their seats to join you!
Lana Del Rey- Young and Beautiful
Hunter Hayes- Wanted
Queen- Crazy little thing called love
Originally posted on Voncierge:
Among all your busy wedding planning activities, you can’t forget about planning for your honeymoon! We suggest starting at least 6 months in advance to make sure you get the best deals, have your passports ready, and…
It’s that time of year again!! School’s almost out and graduation is near!
With summer right around the corner, vacations, summer activities and all other planning starts to become a bit hectic.
Whether you are planning a graduation party for a young child or an adult, it should be kept fun and light-spirited. After all, the hard work throughout the years has finally come to an end and it’s time to enjoy it- worry free!
A few tips for planning a worry free (and small budget) graduation party!
1) Decor- keep decoration simple, yet fun. Whether you are a fan of balloons or not, having bright centerpieces or decorations throughout your venue (at home or not) instantly brings cheer and screams “Celebration”. Inexpensive decorations, like these below are perfect because you can recuse the glass jars and balloons are rather inexpensive. Flowers, such as tulips are also a great idea for a little bit more of a mature celebration.
2) Food- you want to keep food items very simple and small. Anything that can be grabbed and put either on a napkin, small bowl or a small plate is perfect. Now is the time to mingle and enjoy the company of those you may have rejected during your studies- there’s a lot of catching up to do- sit down dinners may take that away from the mood oft his type of party. Opt for mini sliders, pigs in a blanket, and sandwiches as your primary dishes. Pasta salad can also be taken in small bowls or cups and may not be as messy as lettuce with dressing.
3) Dessert- keeping the theme of small bits, opt for cupcakes or cake bites rather than a large sheet cake for a celebration like this. As people are most likely standing around and chatting, cupcakes are perfect for this type of occasion as it also help keeps the sense of movement.
4) Drink- have options as far as alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Feel free to get creative here. Have a bartender come up with a signature cocktail for your special occasion. Make sure to be able to have alcoholic and non-alcoholic variations of this drink as well.
A graduation ion is a grand celebration and should not bring on any anguish or stress. These simple ideas for planning a care-free event are perfect for the busy individual who does not want to compromise the meaningfulness of this celebration.
Contact Touch of Elegance for more ideas and consultations to plan any event you may have this upcoming season!
Happy Wedding Wednesday!
Hope all of you are having a beautiful weekend so far.
With wedding season in full swing, there are many important elements that we need to address. Every bride of course wants to look flawless on their big day- and they should!
Apart from the anticipated dress, hair make up and all of the small details play a big part in a brides’ look.
Many brides choose to wear pieces that belonged to their mother, grandmother or other family member that are very important to them- and with reason!
When choosing jewelry for your wedding though, there are a few things to take into consideration!
1) Stylemake sure the jewelry you choose complements and actually fits in with your wedding dress and other accessories. You want to stick to one style. Over dressing your wrists and neck can make it look tacky or misplaced.
2) Cost– if you are not borrowing jewelry from someone or wearing your own, consider cost here. There is not much reasoning behind spending an outstanding amount of money on jewelry, especially if it is specific to this occasion. There are endless options of costume jewelry. There are so many opportunities for jewelry to get lost on a day where you are shuffling around. Visit different stores, try on different pieces, even purchase one or two prior to your wedding to make sure you are not allergic.
3) Photography yes. This can also be tied in with cost. Of course when you are opting to go the less expensive route, you want to consider how it will look in photographs. Take pictures of the jewelry in different lighting to see how it will turn out in photographs.
These are only a few things to consider when searching for adornment on your big day. See This blog for a few more helpful hints!
Below are a few beautiful pierces that are sure to add beauty to any bridal attire and will not break the bank!
Reblog worthy! Thank you 🙂
In the spirit of Earthday 2014 this post is all about how to be a more environmentally friendly bride/groom-to-be. What did your kindergarten teacher tell you to do – Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle! Today’s Bride and Groom’s are more environmentally-friendly than ever. The bonus about reducing your carbon footprint as you plan your wedding? SAVING MONEY while you’re at it.
So many Brides I have spoken to are foregoing the trip to the Bridal Shop and buying USED wedding gowns online and saving over 50% of the cost. What do you think about wearing a used wedding gown? Is this against the ‘sacred’ tradition of the ‘never-worn’ white wedding dress? Brides today are savvy and care more about being resourceful than being lavish or excessive. Personally I think this trend is brilliant. Take a look at this, with a quick Google search I found Vera Wang wedding gowns starting at $650.00…
View original post 275 more words
In light of Earth Day approaching, I thought I would share some garden inspired party ideas.
From small dinner gatherings to large weddings, an outdoor plant infused decor element is as simply chic and refreshing as they come.
Rather than the usual banquet hall or restaurant, an outdoor event allows for personality to shine through and invites your guests to enjoy something out of the norm.
For decor, simple table settings are perfect. The green background of a yard or a field already adds such a perfect landscape that keeping it minimal is just what you need.
Decorations around your venue or space can become as creative as you’d like. Including things like plants and vegetables really adds lots of color and unique flair.
Keeping with the theme of the “outdoors” giving goodies such as potted plants to your guests is a great idea that will allow them to remember their experience for a long time
When it comes to food, you want to keep it very simple and grab-friendly. Since this is an outdoor event, chances are your guests will want to walk around and mingle. Providing foods that will require bowls or large plates may not be the best idea. Keep it simple with mini appetizers such as quiches, mini sandwiches or sliders so that your guests can grab them and continue their movement.
For drinks, providing custom drinks to go with the decor, keeping with color scheme or coming up with names is a fun idea for your guests to enjoy.
Outdoor events can be so much fun and can be as simple or as elaborate as you’d like.
As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or to plan your Garden Inspired Event!