April Update: Supin and Shaira’s Romantic Gold Gilded Wedding Continue reading
We love everything about wedding floral arrangements! We could talk about flowers all day long, and believe us we have!! One of our favorite new trends of 2016 is floral arrangements that take things to the next level; hanging arrangements, … Continue reading
There is so much to think of when planning a wedding! Often Brides and Grooms get overwhelmed with all the reception planning: the decor, the food, the cake, the music! One thing that often gets overlooked is the ceremony decor! … Continue reading
Everything about your Sixteenth Birthday should be sweet!! From the gorgeous dress you wear to the cake you serve! Here are some ideas that we love! 1. Pick a dress that shows off who you are! You like everything country! … Continue reading
We love to keep up to date on wedding trends. Recently we found this article on the Knot of the best trends for 2015! Royal Color Palettes? White Glove Affairs?! YES PLEASE!! Here are some photos of an event we … Continue reading
We hope you had a wonderful weekend!!!
Touch of Elegance plans and coordinates all types of events. Whether small or large, we like to incorporate details that will make every event as unique as it’s host.
Sweets bars are still a very popular trend. These candy buffets, or dessert bars can defnitely add something special to each event if they are presented elegantly. Having a variety of candies or desserts can make this a fun experience for your guests as they gather around them and pretty much feel like a “kid in a candy store”
With the enormous variety of candy out there, it is fully understandable to get overwhelmed when deciding what to incorporate in your own bar.
Stick to a color palette and choose the type of candies that are easy to scoop up or grab with tongs.
Keep in mind that if this is for an outdoor event, you want to avoid soft candies and chocolates that may melt if left out in the sun too long.
Below are a few photos to inspire your sweets bar.
Please feel fee to contact us so we can build your own unique sweets bar.
via Aileen Tran
Planning a Special Event, Corporate Affair or a Wedding can prove to be as stressful as it is exciting. The DIY industry has sparked the sudden interest to take on large projects and although fun and original, it fails to provide insight into the time, experience and research it takes to plan and execute a successful event.
Hiring an Event Planner can not only save you time and money, but it can also provide these professionals’ expert advise, vendor contacts and support during stressful times.
Five other reasons why it is worth the time and money to find the right Event Planner are:
1) Details– Planning a large event can be very overwhelming. Focusing on the larger aspects, such as venue, caterers and decor can make anyone overlook many minor details. Event Planners have the experience and knowledge to be attentive to detail and are aware that it is these small things that can make or break any event.
2) Negotiators Event Planners do this all day long. They are familiar with budgets as well as what certain things should cost. It’s their job to be able to find you the best deals on vendors, venues and anything else required for your event. Chances are they have relationships with many vendors and are the ideal person to find you the best deal for your buck. They are also knowledgable with contracts and agreements and will make sure you are not agreeing to anything you are not aware of up front.
3) Troubleshooting– Let’s face it. There’s a world of things that can go wrong before, during and after an event; especially a large one. Hiring an event planner can save you the stress of having to deal with any problem on your own. Things such as vendor misunderstandings, lost items, technical issues, guest list issues, or even personal problems due to stress of planning an event. Of course no one wants to think of the things that can go wrong, but the reality of it is that no one can think of everything on their own. Event Planners are skilled in these type of things and are there to do the worrying for you.
4) Flexibility and Availability– Your event planner is there for you and all of your event needs. Many people have full-time jobs and are unable to put in the time to fully plan everything they need for their event. Your event planner is the control center for all of the aspects of your event. They are there to answer all of your questions, and put you at ease when you are concerned with anything regarding your upcoming event. Many event planners are available during the evenings and weekends; and many are in constant contact with the clients via text, email and telephone.
5) You get to ENJOY your own Event- This is probably the most important of them all. You should be able to enjoy your event after all the time and money spent to put it together. The last thing you want to do is be running around throughout the event-or not being able to eat. The reason you planned something so special in the first place is to be able to enjoy it and your guests. There is nothing more rewarding for an event planner than seeing their client and their guests enjoy their work.
I have spoken to many people who have done the planning for their own events and have later gone on to say that they wished they would have hired someone from the start. Many event planners offer different packages, and different type of services, including partial planning and day of coordination. Take the time to research event planners in your area, get recommendations and schedule consultations so you can get a better idea as to what they can do for you.
Feel free to contact Touch of Elegance with any questions regarding Event or Wedding Planning.