April Update: Supin and Shaira’s Romantic Gold Gilded Wedding Continue reading
Everything about your Sixteenth Birthday should be sweet!! From the gorgeous dress you wear to the cake you serve! Here are some ideas that we love! 1. Pick a dress that shows off who you are! You like everything country! … Continue reading
In light of Earth Day approaching, I thought I would share some garden inspired party ideas.
From small dinner gatherings to large weddings, an outdoor plant infused decor element is as simply chic and refreshing as they come.
Rather than the usual banquet hall or restaurant, an outdoor event allows for personality to shine through and invites your guests to enjoy something out of the norm.
For decor, simple table settings are perfect. The green background of a yard or a field already adds such a perfect landscape that keeping it minimal is just what you need.
Decorations around your venue or space can become as creative as you’d like. Including things like plants and vegetables really adds lots of color and unique flair.
Keeping with the theme of the “outdoors” giving goodies such as potted plants to your guests is a great idea that will allow them to remember their experience for a long time
When it comes to food, you want to keep it very simple and grab-friendly. Since this is an outdoor event, chances are your guests will want to walk around and mingle. Providing foods that will require bowls or large plates may not be the best idea. Keep it simple with mini appetizers such as quiches, mini sandwiches or sliders so that your guests can grab them and continue their movement.
For drinks, providing custom drinks to go with the decor, keeping with color scheme or coming up with names is a fun idea for your guests to enjoy.
Outdoor events can be so much fun and can be as simple or as elaborate as you’d like.
As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or to plan your Garden Inspired Event!
Happy Wedding Wednesday!!!
We are still swooning over the blush tone wedding trend. This beautiful palette is warm and romantic and serves as the perfect base for many bold colors. Adding gold, mint green or even a darker shade of pink really adds flair to any wedding or event.
Incorporating different shades of the same color makes a great idea for beautiful, subtle decor. These adorable place cards are perfect!
Balloons covered in tulle with flowers at the base make a beautiful, unique decoration. They can be used as table decor, entrance, aisle decorations or simply be scattered throughout the venue.
Simple centerpieces such as these blush roses keep the feeling of simplicity and warmth.
Aisle decor is a perfect way to use this color.
Whether outdoors or indoors, these colors along with candles lining the aisle create a perfect feel for a romantic ceremony.
This Wedding season we are expecting to see many couples incorporating this timeless palette into their beautiful celebrations.
What do you think of this blush palette? Are you doing something similar?
Planning a Special Event, Corporate Affair or a Wedding can prove to be as stressful as it is exciting. The DIY industry has sparked the sudden interest to take on large projects and although fun and original, it fails to provide insight into the time, experience and research it takes to plan and execute a successful event.
Hiring an Event Planner can not only save you time and money, but it can also provide these professionals’ expert advise, vendor contacts and support during stressful times.
Five other reasons why it is worth the time and money to find the right Event Planner are:
1) Details– Planning a large event can be very overwhelming. Focusing on the larger aspects, such as venue, caterers and decor can make anyone overlook many minor details. Event Planners have the experience and knowledge to be attentive to detail and are aware that it is these small things that can make or break any event.
2) Negotiators Event Planners do this all day long. They are familiar with budgets as well as what certain things should cost. It’s their job to be able to find you the best deals on vendors, venues and anything else required for your event. Chances are they have relationships with many vendors and are the ideal person to find you the best deal for your buck. They are also knowledgable with contracts and agreements and will make sure you are not agreeing to anything you are not aware of up front.
3) Troubleshooting– Let’s face it. There’s a world of things that can go wrong before, during and after an event; especially a large one. Hiring an event planner can save you the stress of having to deal with any problem on your own. Things such as vendor misunderstandings, lost items, technical issues, guest list issues, or even personal problems due to stress of planning an event. Of course no one wants to think of the things that can go wrong, but the reality of it is that no one can think of everything on their own. Event Planners are skilled in these type of things and are there to do the worrying for you.
4) Flexibility and Availability– Your event planner is there for you and all of your event needs. Many people have full-time jobs and are unable to put in the time to fully plan everything they need for their event. Your event planner is the control center for all of the aspects of your event. They are there to answer all of your questions, and put you at ease when you are concerned with anything regarding your upcoming event. Many event planners are available during the evenings and weekends; and many are in constant contact with the clients via text, email and telephone.
5) You get to ENJOY your own Event- This is probably the most important of them all. You should be able to enjoy your event after all the time and money spent to put it together. The last thing you want to do is be running around throughout the event-or not being able to eat. The reason you planned something so special in the first place is to be able to enjoy it and your guests. There is nothing more rewarding for an event planner than seeing their client and their guests enjoy their work.
I have spoken to many people who have done the planning for their own events and have later gone on to say that they wished they would have hired someone from the start. Many event planners offer different packages, and different type of services, including partial planning and day of coordination. Take the time to research event planners in your area, get recommendations and schedule consultations so you can get a better idea as to what they can do for you.
Feel free to contact Touch of Elegance with any questions regarding Event or Wedding Planning.