April Update: Supin and Shaira’s Romantic Gold Gilded Wedding Continue reading
Happy Wedding Wednesday!
You’ve planned every last detail of your wedding, from venue to decor and everything in between. Now it’s time to have a little bit of fun.
Choosing music for your first dance should not be a hassle. It should be a joy to pick a song that delivers the message of the connection between you and your partner.
Everyone always thinks that first dance songs should be romantic and wedding-like.
Do as you please and have fun with it!
Here are a few of our favorites!
John Legend- All of Me
such a romantic and beautiful song. It has quickly become one of the most requested wedding songs of the year.
Christina Perri- A Thousand Years.
Who doesn’t love a little Beyonce! This tune is fun and light and will more than surely get your guests out of their seats to join you!
Lana Del Rey- Young and Beautiful
Hunter Hayes- Wanted
Queen- Crazy little thing called love
Happy Wedding Wednesday!
Hope all of you are having a beautiful weekend so far.
With wedding season in full swing, there are many important elements that we need to address. Every bride of course wants to look flawless on their big day- and they should!
Apart from the anticipated dress, hair make up and all of the small details play a big part in a brides’ look.
Many brides choose to wear pieces that belonged to their mother, grandmother or other family member that are very important to them- and with reason!
When choosing jewelry for your wedding though, there are a few things to take into consideration!
1) Stylemake sure the jewelry you choose complements and actually fits in with your wedding dress and other accessories. You want to stick to one style. Over dressing your wrists and neck can make it look tacky or misplaced.
2) Cost– if you are not borrowing jewelry from someone or wearing your own, consider cost here. There is not much reasoning behind spending an outstanding amount of money on jewelry, especially if it is specific to this occasion. There are endless options of costume jewelry. There are so many opportunities for jewelry to get lost on a day where you are shuffling around. Visit different stores, try on different pieces, even purchase one or two prior to your wedding to make sure you are not allergic.
3) Photography yes. This can also be tied in with cost. Of course when you are opting to go the less expensive route, you want to consider how it will look in photographs. Take pictures of the jewelry in different lighting to see how it will turn out in photographs.
These are only a few things to consider when searching for adornment on your big day. See This blog for a few more helpful hints!
Below are a few beautiful pierces that are sure to add beauty to any bridal attire and will not break the bank!
Planning a Special Event, Corporate Affair or a Wedding can prove to be as stressful as it is exciting. The DIY industry has sparked the sudden interest to take on large projects and although fun and original, it fails to provide insight into the time, experience and research it takes to plan and execute a successful event.
Hiring an Event Planner can not only save you time and money, but it can also provide these professionals’ expert advise, vendor contacts and support during stressful times.
Five other reasons why it is worth the time and money to find the right Event Planner are:
1) Details– Planning a large event can be very overwhelming. Focusing on the larger aspects, such as venue, caterers and decor can make anyone overlook many minor details. Event Planners have the experience and knowledge to be attentive to detail and are aware that it is these small things that can make or break any event.
2) Negotiators Event Planners do this all day long. They are familiar with budgets as well as what certain things should cost. It’s their job to be able to find you the best deals on vendors, venues and anything else required for your event. Chances are they have relationships with many vendors and are the ideal person to find you the best deal for your buck. They are also knowledgable with contracts and agreements and will make sure you are not agreeing to anything you are not aware of up front.
3) Troubleshooting– Let’s face it. There’s a world of things that can go wrong before, during and after an event; especially a large one. Hiring an event planner can save you the stress of having to deal with any problem on your own. Things such as vendor misunderstandings, lost items, technical issues, guest list issues, or even personal problems due to stress of planning an event. Of course no one wants to think of the things that can go wrong, but the reality of it is that no one can think of everything on their own. Event Planners are skilled in these type of things and are there to do the worrying for you.
4) Flexibility and Availability– Your event planner is there for you and all of your event needs. Many people have full-time jobs and are unable to put in the time to fully plan everything they need for their event. Your event planner is the control center for all of the aspects of your event. They are there to answer all of your questions, and put you at ease when you are concerned with anything regarding your upcoming event. Many event planners are available during the evenings and weekends; and many are in constant contact with the clients via text, email and telephone.
5) You get to ENJOY your own Event- This is probably the most important of them all. You should be able to enjoy your event after all the time and money spent to put it together. The last thing you want to do is be running around throughout the event-or not being able to eat. The reason you planned something so special in the first place is to be able to enjoy it and your guests. There is nothing more rewarding for an event planner than seeing their client and their guests enjoy their work.
I have spoken to many people who have done the planning for their own events and have later gone on to say that they wished they would have hired someone from the start. Many event planners offer different packages, and different type of services, including partial planning and day of coordination. Take the time to research event planners in your area, get recommendations and schedule consultations so you can get a better idea as to what they can do for you.
Feel free to contact Touch of Elegance with any questions regarding Event or Wedding Planning.